The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) is the peak resources sector representative body in Western Australia. The member-funded, not-for-profit organisation represents the views and advocates the needs of its members.
CME leads policy development on issues impacting on the resources sector, promotes the value of the sector to the community, and provides an avenue through which members and stakeholders can collaborate. CME champions the Western Australian resources sector and assists it in achieving its vision to lead the world in sustainable practice through innovation.
CME was using a manual Event Registration progress that resulted in frustration and long timeframes. With over 3,000 invitations sent and 800 attendees at events during the year, the manual process was draining resources and reducing employee job satisfaction.
There was no integration between CME’s CRM invitation list, individual registrations received by email and MYOB’s payment gateway. Event registrations were recorded using Excel spreadsheets with no direct integration with the CRM system from which the invitations were sent. Attendees could not simply register and pay through the website.
The manual ‘system’ meant staff from the events and accounting team meet regularly, often twice daily, methodically check member registrations against payments received.
Bringing CRM and system integration expertise, Illuminance Solutions designed, customised, and developed a fully-automated event registration system using CME’s existing CRM system. The integration also facilitated automated registrations through their new website. Automating event registration relieved frustration and significantly increased productivity.
The project included all stakeholders and provided continued communication about project milestones and results. Illuminance developed and delivered training materials for system users. The smooth knowledge handover ensured the event staff are fully confident with the event registration, payment and CRM reporting.
- Event registration payments are now visible in the CRM and MYOB simultaneously, without the need to duplicate entries.
- Reduced management time by enabling event payment direct integration with CRM and MYOB.
- Improved communication with members due to accessibility to each invitee’s registration status — e.g. only registration reminders to those not already registered.
- Focus and resources reallocated to improved events and member communications.
- Interdepartmental comradery has increased due to the elimination of tedious cross-checking meetings.